Wednesday 7 November 2018

Paddy Buckley Support Mal Sechs


A friend I've met but once before brings five more to dance among the mountains.
High peaks, shrouded by the mist with between them rolling ground, clear lines and easy going.
Rocks, cold wet obstacles that sap the soul and  shortcuts with a nervous wait to make us whole again.


Among the dancing strangers I feel alive, the friendship of the hills brings joy. And fear.
I am alone in leading, the mistakes are mine, as are the triumphs.
Heather where a path should be, I've not seen that before. Or horses.


To smile together in the face of challenge, when lost to face the fact and make it right, to slow and bend your own desires to meet the needs of others and lead in failing light and legs and minds.


A job well met in trying times with bonds now forged and memories set to last. Stories to remember that tell of who I am and what I mean to me. Names I know but will forget but feelings that will linger on and keep me nourished in my travels to new adventures.



Thank goodness there is more to running than being able to run, more to challenges than completion and more to life than the boundaries we draw for ourselves.

There were six who ran. There were many that supported. There will be more coming back.

Paddy Buckley Support 4.11.18

No comments:

Post a Comment